Field engineering and support for AV installations
Remote – United Kingdom, various locations
Field Services Team Leader
As requested by Service Desk team go to site to install new systems and troubleshoot existing set ups.
Service Desk, Customers, Service Delivery, Operations and Engineering.
To assist with completing system set-ups and provide a troubleshooting and maintenance service to existing systems. You will have some understanding or interest of current Audio Visual and Video Conferencing technology and have great customer focus to support the needs of all clients. You will be primarily responsible for your own learning and involvement ensuring you are always arriving on site with a can do, willing to learn attitude.
You will also be involved with diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation, and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies. You will be expected to drive (using a company vehicle) to the client’s premises and use the tools provided to you by SCT.
- Installing bespoke AV hardware and software
- Undertaking daily tasks and travelling to client sites
- Carrying out networking tasks using AV adjacent software
- The ability to work in a team or independently
- Working alongside site lead engineers to complete system installations
- Taking detailed instructions and implemented them on site.
- The ability to read and interpret AV system diagrams and schematics
- Working to schedules and taking instruction from Project Management
- Considering more efficient ways to resolve site complications and working in a flexible manner by being receptive to last minute changes and adjustments
- Fault finding and fault resolution on AV Systems at customers’ sites
- Preventative maintenance to AV equipment at client’s customers’ sites
- Create detailed reports after service visits, communicating on identified faults, actions taken and remedial action required, in a clear and concise manner
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency
- Assist with support for video/audio conferencing problems.
- Ability to carry out overtime when required.
Key skills required:
- A keen interest in technology
- A desire to learn and progress into a new and growing industry
- Experience in using Microsoft Office and general competence with Windows and Mac OS.
- Experience in dealing with customers face to face, in all situations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate and manage customer expectations
- Flexible approach to customer and SCT requirements
- Energetic, self-motivated, and disciplined
- Collaborate with other functions internally and externally to ensure exceptional customer experience. Pre-employment screening (including a DBS check) will be carried out ahead of starting at SCT